Working with partners, we spent four years carrying out innovative action research to develop a toolkit for housebuilders aiming to construct homes with improved energy performance – where ‘as built’ matches ‘as designed’.
A unique set-up
Five of the six project partners in our research project had a direct involvement in the construction project under study – including the main contractor, the developer and the architect.
The project partners for the BEPIT research project behind our toolkit:
- Bioregional – environmental charity and sustainability consultancy
- A2Dominion – leading UK housing provider
- Loughborough University – forerunners in civil and building engineering research
- Willmott Dixon – sector-leading construction contractor and performance specialists
- Silver DCC – specialised development and construction consultants
- PRP Architects – multidisciplinary architectural practice
The 1.3 million project was match-funded by government innovation agency, Innovate UK.
Building on this research, environmental charity and sustainability consultancy Bioregional offers this new service direct to industry.